In a message dated 6/28/2001 10:52:26 AM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 I see no contradiction between guns and the passage in Lila.  If a social
 pattern kills an individual for violating social prohibitions (mal prohibum)
 then yes that's bad but if I kill someone intent on doing me bodily harm
 then that's good!  I am simply choosing my intellectual pattern over someone
 elses additionally the other person is acting as the initiator of force not
 me. >>

Arete,

If this person that you killed was only trying to take your wallet, would it
still be 'good' to kill him?  How do you know what that person's intentions
are at all?  As for your staunch opposition of gun control laws, what about
the fact that people can buy guns at wal-marts where no background checks are
done?  I knew a guy whose best friend bought a gun in a similar situation and
then shot himself.  I know that there are many responsible gun users, but
there are also many psycho bastards out there who, thanks to lax gun control
laws, can obtain firearms quickly and easily.
rasheed