"Andi Norby" wrote:
> David,
> I have a lot of trouble understanding your statement below.  It seems to
be
> in support of the death penalty, although you don't say that explicitly.
> > <SNIP>
> I suppose I just don't see how killing someone is more effective than
> locking them up.  McVeigh would not have escaped, and he would not have
> repeated his actions.

He also wouldn't have repeated his actions if he was dead. The difference is
that it would be considerably cheaper to execute him than to lock him up for
life. Wouldn't that money be better spend funding hospitals or such?

> Anyone who saw the coverage of the event would know
> that many, if not a majority, of the people who witnessed his execution
and
> supported it supported it for vengeful reasons.

I wouldn't be supprised if all of them were there for that reason. I'd
imagine anyone who wanted him dead, but not out of hate for him wouldn't
need to see him being executed.