Hello Martin.

Did you know that you may combine static + dynamic linking?

I mean, take the advantage of static linking (adding some infos about the
library in ELF, more safe, ...)
and take the advantage of dynamic linking (using fast libdl.so library,
change name/dir of the lib, etc ...).

For example in dynamic X11 header add this:

---> Procedure dummy() ; cdecl; external libX11;

Because of the use of "external", fpc will add -lX11 for the linker and then
the lib infos in ELF.

in link.res --->

INPUT(
-ldl
-lX11  -->  This was added by "external"
)

But, like you and I only know, "external" is buggy and will cut the ·so.n·
part of libX11. ;-(

Fre;D