Okay, I said MSX2 isn't as important as a disk drive, and it's not - but
I found a CX7M/128 for sale in Japan. I'm thinking it should be possible
to buy this, and use the case and motherboard with the power supply and
video board from one of my CX5MII/128s to make a UK-spec CX7M.

Has anyone done this? I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work - the
motherboards are identical.

I'm asking for a price without the SFG-05 installed, to save weight! I
can sell my NeXT Turbo to cover the cost ;)

Richard (MSX2 supports hard disks, it seems, whereas MSX1s don't seem to
be supported by the many interfaces I've seen).