On (10:01 05/02/13), James Griffin <jmz.grif...@kode5.net> put forth the
proposition:
--> David Woodfall <d...@dawoodfall.net> [2013-02-04 23:10:14 +0000]:

Right, I'm using dovecot too, with the leading '.'

Not sure how to do that, but it sounds useful.

I have spoolfile set to same as folder, and no tunnel.

Does it show the normal $folder_format attributes? Example:

In that case, the leading '.' shouldn't make a difference. You just
name your mailboxes in the normal way:

        mailboxes !
        mailboxes =foo
        mailboxes =bar

You should set $folder like this:

        set folder=imaps://hostname.example.com/ <- note the / at the end of
the url, that's important.

... then set $spoolfile as I described in my last message; like so:

        set spoolfile=+inbox <- the + symbol means it's an extension to $folder

Then set $postponed and $record in the same way.

to clarify: the $mailboxes command should be use as above. Because
your using imap to connect, the leading '.' on the directories/mailboxes
doesn't matter.

That is all you should need to do.

Have set mine the same and I still get no info about folders, just
the names, no modified date/time or new mail notification.