--> David Woodfall <d...@dawoodfall.net> [2013-02-05 13:31:30 +0000]:

> <snip>
> >BTW, when you say you get no new mail notification, what is it
> >exactly you are expecting? mutt is set to check mailboxes for new
> >mail every 5 seconds, and then a little message appears at the
> >bottom to notify you - is this what you are referring to? Or when
> >you press 'y' to view your folders, are you expecting to see 'N'
> >preceding the folders with new mail? Is this happening at the moment?
>
> When I'm in a folder I see the new mail arrive. That's fine. When I'm
> outside the folder, in the main folder list, I would like to see N and
> also all the other attributes set in $folder_format like it does for
> local mail:
>
>    Nov 03  2011   O2
>    Jul 16 10:53   Trash
>    Jun 08 16:05   bbc
>    Jun 08 18:07 N bills
>    Jun 15 11:39   bin
>    Nov 03  2011   blueyonder
>    Mar 13 12:36   chas
>    Jun 14 20:14   cjs
>    Nov 03  2011   coop
>    Nov 03  2011   cron
>    Jan 01  2012   delivery
>
> Instead all I see are the names of the folders.

So all you see are the folder names - no metadata at all, such as
dates, times, flags? If this is the case you probably need to look
at your $folder_format; this is mine:

        set folder_format="%N %3C %d %2l (%5s) %f"

You may also want to look at your $index_format and $status_format.
Refer to man 5 muttrc for details on the printf-like sequences to
use; you'll find them under index_format in the man page.

--
Primary Key: 4096R/1D31DC38 2011-12-03
Key Fingerprint: A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D  B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38