I've wanted similar functionality in MLO before as well, acting similar to 
folders, only perhaps with a different icon or simply the removal of the 
checkbox from a task. That would work well with the outline view of MLO to me.

I also agree similar 'functionality' can be enabled by using, say, closed 
contexts, toggling off on a task-basis 'hide in todo',  or simply managing how 
you view your tasks, which is basically what I do now. If all my technically 
'active' tasks were indeed active, I'd have an unmanageable list of things I'd 
never get to, but I mostly view things in an actionable sense from Star, 
context, date, or a combination there of views. If I'm in outline-view, I'm 
going to see everything anyway. And if I'm in another special view, I'm only 
going to see what I've designated to see. Something simply 'existing' in MLO, 
unless I'm viewing the outline, doesn't necessarily mean it's a task for me 
personally in how I use the wonderful program.

Honestly, everything's smoke and possibilities until it gets into the star view 
of things I'd like on my mind at the present moment. I have thousands of tasks, 
ideas, etc, but something being starred is when anything becomes concrete in 
most cases.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/b88609a0-52a8-4c9f-a636-56fe15be6508%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to