On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:41:49 -0500, Brian J. Murrell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 10:38 -0800, Alex Harford wrote:
> >
> > Not very well, as it's using the framebuffer rather than the mpeg2 format.
>
> Ahhh.  So if the file is MEPG2, then it uses the MPEG2 decoder, but if
> it's anything other it uses it like any old other framebuffer card?
>
> The 350 can encode and decode simultaneously, no?  :-)

Yes, but AFAIK you can't get at the encode side of the card unless
it's coming in from the tuner/svideo/composite input. :)

If the card could take raw data, I could use it to MPEG2 encode my DV
files that I grab from my video camera.  That would be cool!

Alex