I've used frontpanelexpress before too, their engraving and ink fill service looks very nice and has a good timeless vintage feel. Costs more than silkscreen though.

I'm working on a lasercut perspex case using openscad as a cad system. Currently awaiting replies from a couple of laser cutting services regarding the suitability of the files I exported. There is a handy openscad library for making tab and slot boxes and so on here: https://github.com/bmsleight/lasercut

Openscad is free but not to everyone's preference as you basically program the object you want in a declarative language, there's no placing objects with the mouse or anything. However it does mean that you can design to a specific dimension easily without any fiddling about with grid snap values etc. Also you can make your design parametric so you can resize it easily.

Cheers,
    Robin.