hi Ann + all
Ann, this particular part of yr msg in my inbox was particularly
delightful to me:

"__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 5271 (20100712) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 5275 (20100713) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus."

to me the questions of if an online identity is or isnt stable, clean,
trusted, etc are always engaging esp in rltn to if this online
identity is an art project

i have written previously on Furtherfield + stated publicly that i
believe Netochka Nezvanova (the nameless nobody mentioned earlier in
this thread in rltn to the new arrival of the Karens) to be the most
important/influencial New Media Artist + Artware Developer of the turn
of the 21rst Century

those comments + sum Media Art Histories reflections on/of those
moments can be found in an unfinished series of posts that i started
last year on my Furtherfield blog

in that unfinished series of posts (which i should finish but drifted
aways from for various reasons) called "lists, boards, friends +
feeds", i start w/a comparison/connection to 4chan + in particular the
/b/ or Random channel of 4chan. Christopher "moot" Poole (the formerly
secretive founder of 4chan) has recently been appearing publicly +
discussing 4chan as a project @ events such as Paraflows 09 Festival
and Symposium, TED2010, ROFLCon 2010, etc... in these talks Poole
defends a concept he is fwd'ing of "pro-anonymity" in/on online
networks + communities. this position + the range of activities of /b/
+ Anonymous are relevant to our interests

i thin these concepts + activities are complex, conflictual + resist
reduction into clearly definable discursive terms

jonCates
http://blog.furtherfield.org/?q=blog/594