I'd also like to hear what people think, who don't remember the first iteration
of nn, antiorp, =cw4t7abs etc.
In the nineties/turn of millennium it always felt a bit wrapped up with
advertising their NATO max patch to me -as well as all the other stuff of
course ('spam art', dissidence with maillists, poetry etc. etc.)

best
jon

e.g of nn (first time around)
http://www.nettime.org/Lists-Archives/nettime-l-9902/msg00096.html