Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:18:25 +100
From: John Ramm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Mail.dlu blob?

Hi Mark

I have been following this thread and will not reiterate what has 
already been said if I can help it.

Assuming the worst, and your mail.dlu file is corrupted in some way 
that prevents nettamer handling it correctly I suggest the 
following rather tedious possible solution. If you have a copy of 
the file you have nothing to loose anyway! <gg>

1)  Load the file into any decent text editor.

2)  Each message should start with the + character followed by ok 
so, set the search facility to find +ok

3)  Search for the next occurrence of +ok after the first one in 
the file.

4)  Each message is separated from the next by a full stop on its 
own on an otherwise empty line so, arrow up from your 
+ok line and make sure that the first thing you find is a full 
stop on its own. I have found that these can get lost.

5)  If everything is fine move past the current +ok, search for 
the next and repeat step4; if not then insert a full stop to 
correctly terminate the previous message.

6)  Continue to the end of the file!

This is a bit tedious, but it might help.

Talk soon


John Ramm

Net-Tamer V 1.11 - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to