Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 11:09:42 -400
From: Brent Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Mail.dlu blob?


Hi, This won't help with the particular mail.dlu blob under discussion in
the thread, but since I began doing a few things, I have not had the
long-standing problems of mangled messages, headers with the messages gone
and the other mail.dlu problems.

First, I read through the .dlu file and use the F10 key to exit without
allowing the program to do anything to the .dlu file.  When I have read all
the messages, saved out all binary attachments, saves the messages I
definitely want to save, and deleted the messages to delete, and left in the
messages I want to reply to later, and after all that have finally gotten to
the end of the files in the .dlu, I then let Net-Tamer "clean out" the file,
deleting all those marked for deletion.  I answer <N> No to the prompt to
"remove markers, leave messages, and resort."  Later, I go and deliete the
.ieu file that relates to the particular .dlu.  Then, it can resort afresh
and none of the previous messages get deleted, or trashed in any way.  So
far, my record sort, using the 11-27-99 1.12 beta on an Everex Stepnote 486
laptop with 20MB of RAM and plenty of free disk space is a 26MB .dlu file.

For the 26MB file, I knew the program would need at least 26MB to whole the
temporary file, and possibly close to that much more to hold other temporary
files for working and sorting before it could write the new sorted file back
over the existing one.  I am able by following these proceedures, to save
messages in the .dlu file over a few mail runs for later replying, or
disposal when I figure out what I want to do with them.


Reply to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brent Reynolds, Atlanta, GA  USA

Net-Tamer V 1.12 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to