Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:01:57 -000
From: Mike Millen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Mail.dlu blob?


Hi Mark,

  >Yes, I would like to try that have you the ftp site?  I've written to
  >the author but haven't heard back from him maybe it would be faster if you
  >had the site and I could go grab it?

Sorry... but as it's still in Beta (although as I said before, ready
for release) there is no public ftp site yet. I'm sure Mark Cole will
get back to you shortly... he has a lot to do apart from programming
so he sometimes takes a few days to reply.

I'm one of the beta-testers... that's how I have a copy. :)

BTW, I got the impression from one of your posts that you used a speech
program, (but I could have misunderstood). If you do, I'm afraid NTReader
won't be any use to you... it wasn't written to be speech-friendly.  :(

If you have List (by Vern Buerg) and a sighted friend, you can use it
to to extract the encoded email from the dlu and let NT look after the
rest.

Use List to view the dlu. Scroll down 'til you get to the start of the
encoded email. Position the first line of the header at the top of the
screen and press Alt-M (for mark). Scroll down to the final "." of the
email, positioning it at the bottom of the screen and press Alt-B (for
bottom). Now press Alt-D (write to disk). You will then need to supply
a filename. The encoded email will be written to a file and you can use
MUNPACK or one of the other decoding programs to extract the contents.

Then all you need to do is remove the encoded email from the dlu. You can
use List again, as above, to write out the top half of the dlu to a temp.
file, then copy out the bottom half (after the encoded email) to the
same temporary file (it will be appended to the file, not overwrite it).
Now you can delete the original .dlu and rename your temp file "mail.dlu".

It's a lot easier to do than it is to describe... honest.  :)

(BTW, I've described the method using List because it can handle very
large files, whereas most editors can't. If you have an editor that *will*
handle a 3MB file then your job is even simpler.)

Good Luck,
Mike




********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to