Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 10:34:36 -700
From: Walter Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Zoomier ZOOM Zoomer [was: Timeout Expired]


Jerry:

     You had me doubting my memory as to v.42bis. I've never seen it 
on a 2400 bps modem. I thought it didn't come along until the age of 
9600 bps modems. I, of course, can be and may still be wrong in what 
I remember versus what actually existed.

                   Walter Scott

In Message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jerry J. Haumberger 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> had the following to say on Sun, 2 Jul 2000 
05:30:18 -0500:

JH> >When Jerry mentioned in another message that the modem has V.42bis,
JH> >that was something he hadn't said before.  None of the older 2400
JH> >modems from Zoom had error correction of _any_ kind, let alone V.
JH> >42bis.  That Zoom is certainly newer than the Courier HST that he
JH> >has and may even be newer than the Sportster, especiallly if that
JH> >Sportster is also a 9600 modem (Did they make a 9600 Sportster?).
JH> >A Zoom 2400 with V.42bis error correction/data compression almost
JH> >has to be one of the last 2400 modems that they introduced.
JH>
JH> Well, I have a surprise for you.  I thought this ZOOM was just a
JH> 2400 V.42bis, but it turns out to be a 9600!  I was so certain that
JH> it was 2400, that I didn't try to do anything else with it -- until
JH> I realized I hadn't tested it for anything higher.

<><> News & Views, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, are the Net <><>

NTReader v0.27b(O)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to