Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 07:38:34 -700
From: Walter Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Zoomier ZOOM Zoomer [was: Timeout Expired]


Mike:

     I'll defer to your experience. I would ask, however, if you're 
sure you are not mixing up v.42 with v.42bis. I know MNP was 
available to 2400 bps modems through much of the 80s. But was data 
compression? The first modem I purchased with v.42bis was a Practical 
Peripherals PM9600SA in 1991. I don't recall becoming aware of it 
until two or three years earlier.

                     Walter Scott

In Message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Mike Millen 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> had the following to say on Mon, 3 Jul 
2000 01:27:18 -0500:

MM> WS>You had me doubting my memory as to v.42bis. I've never seen it
MM> WS>on a 2400 bps modem. I thought it didn't come along until the age of
MM> WS>9600 bps modems. I, of course, can be and may still be wrong in what
MM> WS>I remember versus what actually existed.
MM> WS>Walter Scott
MM> 
MM> I can assure you that V.42bis quite definitely existed on 2400bps
MM> modems. My early BBSing days were with such a beast, when MNP
MM> previously ruled the roost.

<><> News & Views, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, are the Net <><>

NTReader v0.27b(O)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to