Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 03:26:11 -600
From: "Jerry J. Haumberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Zoomier ZOOM Zoomer [was: Timeout Expired]

On 2000-07-01 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

   >When Jerry mentioned in another message that the modem has V.42bis,
   >that was something he hadn't said before.  None of the older 2400
   >modems from Zoom had error correction of _any_ kind, let alone V.
   >42bis.  That Zoom is certainly newer than the Courier HST that he
   >has and may even be newer than the Sportster, especiallly if that
   >Sportster is also a 9600 modem (Did they make a 9600 Sportster?).
   >A Zoom 2400 with V.42bis error correction/data compression almost
   >has to be one of the last 2400 modems that they introduced.

Well, I have a surprise for you.  I thought this ZOOM was just a
2400 V.42bis, but it turns out to be a 9600!  I was so certain that
it was 2400, that I didn't try to do anything else with it -- until
I realized I hadn't tested it for anything higher.  So this old ZOOM
zoomer just got zoomier (sounds almost like a song!).  Anyway, I'm
getting tired of working with the USR Courier (without any different
results), and besides, I rather like the ZOOM -- even better at 9600.
It love how it sounds when logging on -- like the full pedal blast of
a cathedral organ with J. S. Bach at the keys... <g>

And they *did* make a 9600 USR Sportster. I have one that I'm going to
give away to someone else...

So it looks like the ZOOM is probably early 1990s.

Jerry          *** delighted with PC DOS and WordStar ***

Net-Tamer V 1.11.2 - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to