Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 20:48:13 -000
From: Mike Millen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Zoomier ZOOM Zoomer [was: Timeout Expired]


Hi Walter,

  WS>I'll defer to your experience. I would ask, however, if you're
  WS>sure you are not mixing up v.42 with v.42bis. I know MNP was
  WS>available to 2400 bps modems through much of the 80s. But was data
  WS>compression? The first modem I purchased with v.42bis was a Practical
  WS>Peripherals PM9600SA in 1991. I don't recall becoming aware of it
  WS>until two or three years earlier.

The Dowty 2400 bps I had definitely had V.42bis, ie. LAPM and MNP
compression.

I don't remember the exact date but it was probably 1989 or 1990.
Unfortunately I've been unable to find out exactly when the CCITT
introduced V.42 and V.42bis.

Mike




********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to