Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 09:20:08 +0700
From: "Ronald C.Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Zoomier ZOOM Zoomer [was: Timeout Expired]

On 2000-07-02 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 10:34:36 -700
   >Jerry:
   >You had me doubting my memory as to v.42bis. I've never seen it
   >on a 2400 bps modem. I thought it didn't come along until the age of
   >9600 bps modems. I, of course, can be and may still be wrong in what
   >I remember versus what actually existed.
   >Walter Scott

Walter, some companies continued to make 2400 bps modems right up to and 
including the introduction of V.42bis, but probably not much after that.  
There are a bunch of 2400 bps modems using V.42bis listed in MODEMS.DAT 
file from 1997 for Procomm Plus 2.01 (DOS), and Zoom made several of 
them.  Jerry's modem probably is a V.32 Zoom, which could explain why it 
works better than an HST these days.  Zoom also made a V.32 Turbo, which 
is listed in the PcPlus MODEMS.DAT.  

Ronald Dailey

-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to