Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 00:08:77 -600
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Zoomier ZOOM Zoomer [was: Timeout Expired]


On 2000-07-03 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

   >OK, that means that the Zoom is a V.32 (which is 9600).  I recall
   >the V.32 Zoom.  I think they also made a V.32 Zoom that could
   >connect at 12000 bps, which is one of the fallback rates for V.
   >32bis.  They made that model in between when they first introduced
   >V.32 and when they brought out their V.32bis model.  I think they
   >called it a "Turbo."

Well, after testing the ZOOM, it will run at the usual notches between
300 and 9600 bps -- but remember:  the front of this ZOOM has "V.42bis".
If this modem supports V.42bis, then it should normally support V.32,
right?

   >OK, I wasn't sure exactly when they started making the Sportster
   >line, whether is was that early or later.  You didn't say whether
   >the Sportster was HST or V.32.

It has B0 and B1 and supports V.32.

   >>So it looks like the ZOOM is probably early 1990s.

   >That sounds about right.

Yes.

Jerry >>>> ZOOM 9600 bps V.42bis | IBM PC/XT & PC Color Display <<<<
      >>>>> PC DOS 3.3 & WordStar 3.30p | 20 MB HDD & 360K FDD <<<<<

Net-Tamer V 1.11.2X - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to