Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 09:19:29 +0700
From: "Ronald C.Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Zoomier ZOOM Zoomer [was: Timeout Expired]

On 2000-07-02 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

   >Well, I have a surprise for you.  I thought this ZOOM was just a
   >2400 V.42bis, but it turns out to be a 9600!  I was so certain that
   >it was 2400, that I didn't try to do anything else with it -- until
   >I realized I hadn't tested it for anything higher.  So this old ZOOM
   >zoomer just got zoomier (sounds almost like a song!).  Anyway, I'm

OK, that means that the Zoom is a V.32 (which is 9600).  I recall the 
V.32 Zoom.  I think they also made a V.32 Zoom that could connect at 
12000 bps, which is one of the fallback rates for V.32bis.  They made 
that model in between when they first introduced V.32 and when they 
brought out their V.32bis model.  I think they called it a "Turbo."  

   >And they *did* make a 9600 USR Sportster. I have one that I'm going
   >to give away to someone else...

OK, I wasn't sure exactly when they started making the Sportster line, 
whether is was that early or later.  You didn't say whether the Sportster 
was HST or V.32.

   >So it looks like the ZOOM is probably early 1990s.

That sounds about right.  

Ronald Dailey
  

-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to