Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 16:09:49 +0700
From: "Ronald C.Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Old ZOOM zoomer

On 2000-07-07 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 18:23:04 -0400
   >Message text written by "Ronald C.Dailey"
   >>> Also, and significantly, Check-It reports the presence
   >>> in this PC of no less than two initialization strings.
   >>> snip...
   >> What version of Check-It reports that kind of info? <
   >I'm using Check-It v5 (a freebie). It's also very good
   >at running exhaustive and detailed RAM checks via Win or
   >DOS. If you would like to see a Clipboard view of the
   >modem info, pse request direct.

I will have to look for that.  I didn't know there was a "freebie" 
version and you say it works in DOS, too.

   >Both init strings are in the registry. The modem log,
   >however, only reflects Reg'y changes to one string; the
   >other is possibly read from the ROCKWELL.INF file.
   >Many thanks for the book and newsgroup recommendations.

You're welcome.  I hope you find something useful.  An extra entry for a 
modem could be a bad thing _if_ the entry were for the same comm port 
and IRQ.  

Ronald Dailey


-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to