Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 03:34:11-0400
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: operamail POP3 interface

Hello Sergio:

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 02:24:13 -0300 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> (snip)
>> I know of one web-based email service that will
>> work with Nettamer when accessed via the POP3 interface, but it will not
>> work with Nettamer via its www interface.  Using a Windows browser you
>> may sign up for a free web-based email account at
>> http://www.operamail.com.  Once signed up you may use Nettamer to access
>> your Operamail account via the POP3 interface, but not via the www
>> interface.
>> (snip)

> Hi, Sam:
> Could you let me know the name of the POP3 and SMTP servers so
> as to gain access to operamail?

The POP3 server and the SMTP server both have the same name:
operamail.com

Are the port numbers the usual ones: 25 and 110?
Can they be accessed directly by USER and PASS or do they require a
special type of authentication?

I know that the POP3 port can be accessed from the usual port
number, 110.  I have accessed the POP3 port for operamail with
Telnet.  I haven't yet tried using Telnet for the SMTP port.
Operamail works for me both for sending and receiving mail with
Nettamer when used as a mail client, and also with NetMail Pro,
another Nettamer product.  I did not have to configure anything
in any special manner, nor did I have to write any special scripts
for authentication.  I can use operamail with Nettamer just as
easily as I can use the mail servers at my own ISP.  I believe that
with operamail you must access POP3 *before* you access SMTP.
I don't think it would work if you wanted to "send replies only",
but I have not yet tested this hypothesis.

<snip>

Regards,

Sam Heywood



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to