Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 23:10:53-0400
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: operamail POP3 interface
Hello Ronald:
On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 18:50:16 -0500
"Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2001-07-27 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
<snip>
> I don't dispute what you say from your experience, and I've had that
> experience myself in the past with various providers. Sometimes the
> server (whether mail or smtp) is not available and there's NO CONTACT
> during DNS lookup and sometimes the server doesn't respond after it has
> been contacted. However, in this case something else is happening
> _because_ I can use an _different_ ISP to dialup and then switch while
> on line (Alt-N) to the Yahoo setup and then _immediately_ access the
> smtp server.
> I've done this successfully in testing within minutes of failing with
> the first ISP and then dialed in again right after this with the first
> ISP and still couldn't connect to the Yahoo smtp server. That Yahoo
> server can handle a lot of users and I've never had it fail to respond
> until I had this problem with _just_ this one ISP as my dialup.
> Yahoo _states_ in their online FAQ about their e-mail service that
> _some_ ISP's may block access to their smtp server. Perhaps they are
> lying about that, but I don't believe they are, based on my recent
> experience.
Thanks for explaining this your experience to us. It certainly
appears that you have conducted some very good tests here and
that your conclusions are perfectly logical. Your experience
most certainly tends to confirm that Yahoo's online FAQ is most
probably correct on this issue.
Regards,
Sam Heywood
--Message sent by NetMail Pro (DOS). See http://www.nettamer.net/xagent.html
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************