Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 05:35:37-0400
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: operamail POP3 interface
Hello:
On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:00:35 -0500
"Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> _However_, _some_ internet providers _may_ block access to an smtp
> server which doesn't belong to them. I now know this because I was
> sailing along with no problems using my ISP, cwnet.com, to access Yahoo
> mail. Then, all of a sudden, although I was still able to pick up my
> mail (receive it), Net-Tamer was giving me a "no contact" message when
> it tried to get the Yahoo smtp server to _send_ mail. It would say "no
> contact" on one address and then try the "alternate" address and say "no
> contact" on that, too.
I should wish to comment that this sometimes happens to me even
when I am trying to contact the smtp server owned by my own paid ISP.
I have found that this happens at times when there are too many
subscribers trying to access the same smtp server at the same time.
It also happens once in a while when the server is temporarily
down. Whenever this happens I just wait for a while and try again
later. Then all will be well. I don't believe that the service
installs any mechanism intended for deliberately blocking my access.
Regards,
Sam Heywood
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************