Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 21:19:15-0400
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: operamail POP3 interface

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 14:27:23 -0500
"Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 2001-07-27 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

<snip>

> One thing I want to find out about is whether Yahoo is on any list of
> servers that are blocked.  Another correspondent mentioned the ORBS list
> and I will look for that.  Of course, whether an ISP chooses to block
> any server is really an individual choice.  If they choose to do it,
> however, there's no way a user can change that other than to switch
> ISPs.

As far as any practical considerations go, I think you are right
about that.

I can recall having read recently in some seemingly reputable
sources on the net that Yahoo is indeed blocked by some ISPs.
I am sorry that I do not remember exactly where I have read this
information.  There are a lot of virii and SPAM being sent out
these days which bear Yahoo return addresses.  Of course the ISPs
realize that many of the Yahoo return addresses are just forged
and faked, but the ISPs have better things to do than sort it all
out.  There certainly does exist a valid association between Yahoo
and spamming because Yahoo is known to sponsor a lot of porn
sites. The blocking of Yahoo will result in overwhelmingly popular
approval in some areas.  If there is a problem with Yahoo mail the
Yahoos have brought it upon themselves.

Although you might be using your Yahoo email account in a way that
is perfectly legit, you are being punished for reason of
presumption of guilt by association.  You may have perfectly good
reasons for feeling that this is most unfair, but there is
nothing you can do about having your grievance redressed unless
you can afford to spend millions in legal fees.

Regards,

Sam Heywood
--Message sent by NetMail Pro (DOS).  See http://www.nettamer.net/xagent.html 



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to