1986

On Mar 19, 2009, at 9:05 AM, Josh Bowlin wrote:

> speaking of extra tanks, when did the red black tank with the  
> orange band around the red come out?  i have a brand new tank in  
> the box looking like this but the orange on it threw me off.
>
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 8:04 AM, Creative Residential Designs  
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> True, true. I bought some tank sealant but chickened out on using  
> it due to the problems associated with it. It has to be EXACT or it  
> will peel inside of the tank and so forth. I ended up just flushing  
> out my tank with fresh gas, cleaning my screen and I was on my way.  
> I have an extra tank but that's for emergencies. HotrodMamma.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Kyle Munz
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 6:53 AM
> Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: 1984 Nighthawk 700s K&N Air filter
>
> He also resealed the tank it, this could cover and seal the petcock  
> screen. It's also a good idea to make sure the vent at the top of  
> the tank is still allowing air into the tank.
>
> -Kyle
>
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Creative Residential Designs  
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> There is still a chance that you may have some small particles of  
> rust stuck
> in the system still...especially if you didn't consider cleaning the
> petcock/screen. (They be small but still be mighty!) Run it at 6000  
> RPM or a
> bit greater and take it for a ride. If it is particulate matter it  
> should
> blow it out on a high RPM run. HotrodMamma.
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Snookfever" <[email protected]>
> To: "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" <[email protected]>
> Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 11:13 PM
> Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: 1984 Nighthawk 700s K&N Air filter
>
>
>
> Dennis,
>
> Withe the K&N It is not responsive,bogs down when accelerating.  I do
> not remember the exact RPM range, but I think above 5K so maybe
> midrange.  I discovered rust in the fuel tank (fuel on pant leg) a few
> week after I got the bike.  The carbs looked like they were painted
> red with the rust particles.  I redid the tank with KBS coatings and
> did a complete carb breakdown and cleaning and the carbs looked great.
> I sinked the butterflies manually with the stem of a micrometer and it
> ran great.
>
> With the OEM filter It does take a few minutes to warm up or it will
> want to die at take off. I have a shop manual and reset the pilots the
> same number of turn as they were set from the factory.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Mar 19, 12:27 am, Dennis Hammerl <[email protected]> wrote:
> > If you can describe what crap runs like, maybe I can help. By  
> themselves,
> > K&N filters do not affect anything. Great replacements (sorry  
> Stanley)
> > Installed properly, they require no rejetting. Mine works fine.
> >
> > --- On Wed, 3/18/09, Snookfever <[email protected]> wrote:
> > From: Snookfever <[email protected]>
> > Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] 1984 Nighthawk 700s K&N Air filter
> > To: "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!"  
> <[email protected]>
> > Date: Wednesday, March 18, 2009, 11:14 PM
> >
> > I bought a K&N air filter, but it makes the bike run like crap. What
> > do I need to do the carbs?
> >
> > Looking for a nose cone for my 700S, where can I find one?
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Snookfever2
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> >


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to