Don't get the stud glowing hot. Since the head is aluminum you can soften
the threads that way, you'll damage them pulling it out.

I've had success in the past hitting bolts with a torch, then squirting PB
or WD at the base to quickly chill the stud/bolt, then hitting it with the
extractor. Not a lot of the WD, just one short squirt directly where stud
meets base.

Kurt
On Sep 10, 2015 8:01 AM, "Alexander Press" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I've heard heat is necessary for extraction no matter what rote you
> choose. I got a co worker coming to work with a torch today. So I'll keep
> everyone updated as to how that goes. Tool rental from auto zone I think
> will be my best bet. Thanks for that suggest.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to