I have a 1983 650 Nighthawk with the outside stud of number 4 exhaust broken 
off. I have not been able to unscrew it with vice grips of any kind even after 
soaking it with PB Blaster. I'm not that concerned. I didn't notice it was 
broken off when the was engine running. However  I will check at a couple of 
auto parts stores today for some sort of extractor and Ive been following along 
to see what you come up with, Graham

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 9, 2015, at 23:38, Alexander Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> I'm sorry, I sidetracked the thread with my snooty comment.
> 
> 
> Anyways...
> 
> I got a torch coming to work tomorrow. Apparently the guy has a "good" pair 
> of vice grips. 
> 
> Failing that, I'm going to Home Depot to buy a stuck extractor. Not an ez 
> out. But like a socket type deal. Anyone have experience with something like 
> this that can recommend a good one? I've seen the ones with the extractor and 
> then where you plug the ratchet into is staggered and off to the side. I 
> cannot get one of these on my stud. I need something that torques in from the 
> top. Also, maybe grips would be better? My local tool shops do not sell 
> knipex or I wouldn't be asking. And id rather not be down another week while 
> waiting. Anyone know of a solid pair of pliers/vise grips I could use? 
> Thanks. Failing the heat and grips I'm going to a shop. Season is almost over 
> and I don't want to lose my last 6 weeks of riding to a shared stud. 
> 
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to