Parrot nose pliers are much better than vise and channel locks. They tighten as you pull. Snap on has the best ones in 4 different sizes but $$.
Auto zone OEM tool rental has or had a stud socket kit that is a socket with jaws inside them made to remove and install. My last suggestion is to find a local welder. Weld a nut onto the stud and let it cool down, then give it a shot. Sent from my iPhone > On Sep 9, 2015, at 11:38 PM, Alexander Press <[email protected]> wrote: > > I'm sorry, I sidetracked the thread with my snooty comment. > > > Anyways... > > I got a torch coming to work tomorrow. Apparently the guy has a "good" pair > of vice grips. > > Failing that, I'm going to Home Depot to buy a stuck extractor. Not an ez > out. But like a socket type deal. Anyone have experience with something like > this that can recommend a good one? I've seen the ones with the extractor and > then where you plug the ratchet into is staggered and off to the side. I > cannot get one of these on my stud. I need something that torques in from the > top. Also, maybe grips would be better? My local tool shops do not sell > knipex or I wouldn't be asking. And id rather not be down another week while > waiting. Anyone know of a solid pair of pliers/vise grips I could use? > Thanks. Failing the heat and grips I'm going to a shop. Season is almost over > and I don't want to lose my last 6 weeks of riding to a shared stud. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
