On Apr 16, 11:46 am, Druzyne <drew.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My suggestion to you, and others, is to only worry if the Bucket
> Balance exceeds your account balances. If the Bucket Balance is less,
> and you only focus on your bucket balances, that simply means you're
> spending less money than you have available, which should be your goal
> anyways. So don't worry!! You're doing yourself a favor and saving! If
> you want to find out how much you have saved, just subtract the Bucket
> Balance from your account balances.

I disagree. Ensuring your bucket balances equal your account balances
is the money flow equivalent of reconciling your bank accounts. Sure,
if the bank says I have more money in my account than I think I
should, I'm happy, but that's still not a good place to be in. It
means some mistake was made somewhere and it may come back to bite me
eventually. Yes we should all spend less than we earn, but that should
be a conscience decision, not an artifact of mistakes we've made in
data entry.

I still think MoneyWell should enforce this check by default as it is
a huge stumbling block for new users. There could be a preference
option for turning it off if you really want to, although I have yet
to hear a compelling case for why you'd intentionally let your account
balances diverge from your bucket balances.

-Lance