Mojca,

Thanks for all you time in helping out.  I'm still having problems.  The
\quote and \quotation work.  However, as you pointed out, the en, em and
apostrophe do not work.

In addition, [features=default] did not compile, but [feature=default] did.

Here's what I'm working with:

\starttypescript[serif][agaramond]
  \definefontsynonym[AGaramondRegular][name:AGaramond-Regular]
[feature=default]
  \definefontsynonym[AGaramondItalic] [name:AGaramond-Italic][feature=default]
  \definefontsynonym[AGaramondBold]   [name:AGaramond-Bold] [feature=default]
  \definefontsynonym[AGaramondBoldIt]   [name:AGaramond-BoldItalic]
[feature=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[serif][agaramond][name]
  \definefontsynonym  [Serif]           [AGaramondRegular]
  \definefontsynonym  [SerifItalic]     [AGaramondItalic]
  \definefontsynonym  [SerifBold]       [AGaramondBold]
  \definefontsynonym  [SerifBoldItalic] [AGaramondBoldIt]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[agaramond]
  \definetypeface[agaramond][rm][serif][agaramond][default][feature=default]
\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[agaramond]
\setupbodyfont[agaramond, 12pt]
\definefontfeature[default]
    [liga=yes, kern=yes, tlig=yes, script=latn, mapping=tex-text]

Any more hints?

Bart