On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Bart C. Wise wrote:
> I think the error I got was not having enough sleep :-) because I worked on it
> this morning and it's working.  I'll tack on my current file below.  The font
> features does not seem to make any difference.  However, I took the same
> typescript and modified it for the Tallys font and I can turn ligatures
> on/off,
> kerning on/off, etc.  But the same typescript for the Adobe Garamond does not
> work, I'm perplexed and a bit frustrated.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same problem, but I remember
that I had to try *all* different variants of Garamond when I needed
fi ligature and only a single font had the proper weight and that
ligature (I ended up using ITCGaramondStd-Lt and ITCGaramondStd-LtIta
after wasting way too much time trying to figure out what was wrong).

Did you check if the desired ligatures are available at all in the
font you are using?

Mojca