I havn't keyed on alexa stuff yet.. But it all sounds familiar to the
feeling I get every time I get new material from a new origin...

Gettin new fuji stock : "Hmm Keylight sure behaves weird on this...."
Gettin new F35 stuff for the first time: "Hmm Keylight sure behaves weird on
this...."
Gettin new Viper stuff for the first time...:"Hmm Keylight sure behaves
weird on this...."
Gettin RED stuff for the first time...: "Hmm Keylight sure behaves weird on
this...."
Gettin Phantom stuff for the first time...: "Hmm Keylight sure behaves weird
on this...."
etc...

The advanced keyers of our behave kinda' non linear.. thats why they do a
good job.. our brains though have a hard time having a rational thinking of
all the parameters that influence the key...
After a couple of shots one get a sense of how the material behaves... then
the rest is usually a breeze.. or at least "breeze-ier" :P

Keying is still a "touchy feely" thing.. and I'm glad it is... It makes me
feel compositing still is an "art" :)

The only soft keyer my brain really could wrap itself around and understand
in a sensible way, was the Vlahos type color difference keyer I wrote myself
a zillion years ago...haha..and it was very crude compared to... everything
of today :)

//fredd