On Tue, 2018-02-13 at 14:37 +0100, Alex Deparvu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would not move it to oak-core, it would be (I think) a step in the
> wrong
> direction wrt. the modularization effort.
>
> Re. OAK-7203, I think we should make that specific dependency
> optional, but
> I'm not convinced you won't have another bundle pulling in the
> composite
> dependency anyway.

Making the dependency optional would complicate the component. There
are a number of components that perform initialization work and depend
on the MountInfoProvider to know whether they should write data in a
composite-friendly setup. AN example are the index-related classes.

Initialising those without a MountInfoProvider or with a 'default'
MountInfoProvider opens up the door to data being incorrectly handled
for a short window of time.

I think we should keep the dependency required.

Thanks,

Robert