On Tue, 2018-02-13 at 15:29 +0100, Oliver Lietz wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 February 2018 14:37:29 Alex Deparvu wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi,
>
> > I would not move it to oak-core, it would be (I think) a step in
> > the wrong
> > direction wrt. the modularization effort.
>
> seriously, which direction is it? oak-core now depends on oak-store-
> composite
> (which provides optional features) and oak-lucene depends on oak-
> store-
> document which is otherwise not required when running Oak with
> Segment Tar
> store. What's the point of this m12n effort?

oak-lucene depending on oak-store-document is not a very good thing
IMO, looks wrong. But that's an implementation problem, not a design
fault in modularizing Pak. Filed [1] for it.

The reasoning behind this is documented in OAK-6069 - Modularisation of
Oak [2], and the main driver is stop releasing all modules at a time.
For instance, a bugfix in oak-store-segment should not require
_everything_ to be released.

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-7263
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-6069