From: Open-ils-general
[mailto:open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Rogan
Hamby
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 9:16 AM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general@list.georgialibraries.org>
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] discouraged

And I'd like to caution people about creating boundaries between parts of the
community.  I know that the technical and front line staff seem to often speak
different languages.  I worked on the front line of libraries for two decades
including as a circulation and reference manager as well as systems librarian.
I now mostly do technical work.  Many of the programmers have a very deep
understanding of how libraries work.  They may not know specific workflows but
some have worked with libraries their entire career and know a lot even if
they've never brought the book drop in on a cold morning (I don't miss that
part at all).  The developers I've gotten to know well in the community over
the years love libraries and have made them their career.  Those gaps should be
bridged as much as possible as it really is one community.

Rogan Hamby, MLIS

Data and Project Analyst

Equinox Open Library Initiative

phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)

email:  ro...@equinoxinitiative.org<mailto:ro...@equinoxinitiative.org>
web:  http://EquinoxInitiative.org

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 9:10 AM, Terran McCanna