From: Open-ils-general
[mailto:open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Jason
Stephenson
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2018 1:44 PM
To: open-ils-general@list.georgialibraries.org
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holdings View in Web Client

On 03/29/2018 11:27 AM, scott.tho...@sparkpa.org wrote:
> I agree this is an impediment to implementing the Web Client in
> centralized or semi-centralized cataloging departments (of which we
> have many). I am just not conversant on the ins & outs of how to get
> fixes into a release versus a maintenance release versus a patch

Bug targeting is done by one of the members of the drivers group. It is usually
done only for bugs that have patches or where someone is working on it and is
likely to have a patch ready in time for the release. We (mostly I) sometimes
break the unwritten rules and target bugs prematurely.

As for how to get specific bugs fixed, you basically have 3 options:

1. Fix it yourself.
2. Hire someone else to fix it.
3. Wait for someone else to do 1 or 2.

HtH,