Hello All,
I have a case where both initiator and target are configured with IPv4
and IPv6 address. The target listens ob both sockets.

When i login to the target without mentioning  the portal , it logins
and creates two sessions for the same target.

Questions
1.How to force the initiator to login with a specific IP version ? It
is configured for automatic login and both systems have to retain dual
ip address version.
2.The session id  always get incremented after each new login. Can
this be changed to reset /start from least available after for each
new session ?
3. How to persistently map iscsi target to fixed sd<X> id ?

for third Question, I came across couple of threads in forum and IET
for similar issue. I am trying to configure the ScsiId in the
ietd.conf and create the udev rule on the initiator. But no success.
====== Ietd.conf==========
Target iqn.2008-03.storageserver:storage.target1
        Lun 1 Path=/dev/VolGroup00/target1,Type=blockio,ScsiId=1234567

Initiator Udev rule and ScsiId
===============
[EMAIL PROTECTED] rules.d]$ sudo scsi_id -g -s /block/sdc
1494554000000000037363534333231000000000000000000

[EMAIL PROTECTED] rules.d]$ cat 20-names.rules
KERNEL="sd*", BUS="scsi", PROGRAM="/sbin/scsi_id", RESULT="1234567",
NAME="sdb%n"

[EMAIL PROTECTED] rules.d]$ sudo iscsiadm --version
iscsiadm version 2.0-865

Once, I am successful with a single system,it has to be replicated on
other systems. Is there  feature in consideration on future initiator
software releases  to extract this info and provide a option to
automate this event ?

thanks in advance for your time and suggestions

Regards
Padmanabhan