On Tue, 6 May 2008, Padmanabhan wrote:

>
> Hello Mike,
> Let me explain the sequence of events
> -- The system reboots
> -- Open iscsi is enabled at start up
> Issue 1 ==>> From the database, the initiator logins twice to the same
> target via TWO TCP connections which are established on IPv4 and IPv6


It will not do this if you set one of the portals to not auto login like I 
told you before.


> sockets.
>
> Yes, if i disable automatic node startup, then it is fine, I can login
> to the target via specific portal by using iscsiadm comamands.
> But problem is when it configured for automatic login. As said
> earlier, I am looking for a solution at iSCSI layer.
>

Your reply is confusing because you say the disbaling auto startup works, 
but you have to run iscsiadm to get it to work. Did you set the autologin 
for just one portal?

Did you try the iscsiadm update command for just one portal, and did you 
try the reboot?

The node.startup name is a little confusing. It should be portal.startup, 
because it just means that for the record do we want auto login or not. 
And we do a record per portal more or less.

So if you do
iscsiadm -m node -T target -p ip:port -o update -n node.startup -v manual

for just one portal, then restart the system that portal will not get auto 
logged into. The other portal on that taget will still get auto logged 
into. Does that make sense? The autologin feature will only log into one 
the one portal that has the node.startup value as automatic. The other 
portal will not get auto logged into because it's record has manual even 
though the the setting says node.startup and both portals are on the same 
iscsi node.

You do not need to disbale this globally or  for the entire target - just 
one portal on the target. But you use the node.startup setting of the 
record which is akward because it does not mean the entire node - just the
one portal that the record is for.

So just try it out, then reply.


> ==>> for the second issue, I searched further but still need your
> help .
>
> Yes, I find an entry under /dev/disk/by-id as say "
> scsi-149455400123456" ?
> Here is where I am not able to get you how to make it consistent.
>
> 1. mount /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-XXX /mnt/iscsi
> 2. output of mount
>   /dev/sdd on /mnt/iscsi type ext3 (rw)
> 3. Created fstab entry
>    /dev/sdd /mnt/iscsi   auto   _netdev 0 0
> 4. Reboot
>
> fstab retains the entry, but the mount output does not have it. When
> it logged in this time, it has different sd<X>.
> I am not using udev rules.
>


When you write the fstab entry use the /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-XXX value. Do 
not use the /dev/sdX ones.


> Once again, thanks for your time and suggestions.
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"open-iscsi" group.
To post to this group, send email to open-iscsi@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/open-iscsi
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to