On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 12:56:46AM -0700, Padmanabhan wrote:

> Hello All,
> I have a case where both initiator and target are configured with IPv4
> and IPv6 address. The target listens ob both sockets.
>
> When i login to the target without mentioning  the portal , it logins
> and creates two sessions for the same target.
>
> Questions
> 1.How to force the initiator to login with a specific IP version ? It
> is configured for automatic login and both systems have to retain dual
> ip address version.

Look in the README file for ' 5.1 How to setup iSCSI interfaces (iface) for
binding'

> 2.The session id  always get incremented after each new login. Can
> this be changed to reset /start from least available after for each
> new session ?

I don't believe it can be without some hacking. The SCSI middle-layer is
the one that gives us the 'host' number which is what we use. Every time
you open/tear down a session, we open/tear down an SCSI "Host" and the
SCSI layer gives us a host-number.

> 3. How to persistently map iscsi target to fixed sd<X> id ?

Use multipath or convert the scsi_id to retain a cache so that when it
returns a value the device-mapper can re-create a /dev/mapper/XX to
point to the old block device.

Multipath is probably a better choice - as that is easily installed
on most distros and it automaticly map block devices to uniquely
identified devices that won't change between reboots.