One should take care never to obscure the "reality" of the fact that you
have two separate test results.  That reality needs to be captured
somewhere, at some level of the EHR.  The algorithm that the clinician or
researcher applies to these two results would be another matter.
-C

Christopher J. Feahr, O.D.
Optiserv Consulting (Vision Industry)
http://Optiserv.com