Thomas

I am not sure that we need to do such a major rework. These samples are time
ordered but have no sensible time. So they could appear in the history list
without an offset, labelled in what ever way was helpful, recognising they
are part of the same measurement. On thinking about this (if you wanted to
keep all the measurements) a simple office based measurement like peak flow
is a candidate - you might do three measurements in a row.

At the moment the history demands an offset - the set of measurements would
still be timed - but only the sequence of each would be known, not the time
of each individual. This seems more appropriate.

The query could return them all at the same time or, as I have suggested,
with a nominal offset 1,2,3 etc

This would allow for the fuzziness of a series to be captured.

Another alternative is just to allow the application to put in what ever
time it likes as the offset, and label them Sample 1, Sample 2. This would
require no changes, and would not upset the query model. I probably favour
this approach as there is no doubt there is a time element to sampling,
otherwise it is not a sequence.

Cheers, Sam

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org