Bhupinder Singh <bobdog at sancharnet.in>, wrote

> What you say is one possibility.
> What is important is when there are two results out of the scenario and the
> readings are different. Would it be correct to take a mean. The difference
> in the reading may be on account of a number of causes starting from
> --Machine error
> --Human Error etc.
> The question is that there is a difference and this needs to be gone into in
> fact this requires to be highlighted and not covered through a mean value

I completely agree - it is up to the same professional decisional processes as
exist now to assess what the results really represent. If two markedly
different
results come back for he same ivestigation from the same sample, there must
be a problem somewhere, and it has to be investigated, and eventually at least
one of the results will be foudn to be in error, for one or more of the reasons
you mention. So I am certainly not advocating that humans stop using their
expert judgement - just that once they have done so, we have a way of
recording what that judgement was...

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org