HI,

On one hand there is the notion as used in HL7 where series of messages
update databases producing a list of updated measurements.

On the other hand there is the notion as used in CEN/TC251 and OpenEHR
where documents are used to enhance the raw data by providing a human
interpretation and advice by an expert using the updated measurements in the
database.

Gerard

--
Gerard Freriks, MD