Hi,

Pablo I remember having similar discussions within our Localisation Program
group some time ago. While I tend to agree that dealing with domain names etc.
is not of high priority right now, nevertheless we need some principles and
guidance. Obviously this is a major issue we need to be looking at. Anyone's
free to get domain names but legitimate registration needs some form of
approval by the main openEHR board or through its proxies - local openEHR
chapters. We will have to find ways to legitimatise current domain names
(openEHR.org.es<http://www.openehr.org.es/>, openEHR.jp<http://www.openehr.jp/>
and openEHR.org.nz<http://www.openehr.org.nz/> etc.) when we have the Program
going. For those of you not familiar with this initiative: here's the
Localisation Program Webpage<http://openehr.org/programs/localisation/> and the
detailed TOR
here<http://www.openehr.org/wiki/display/oecom/Localisation+Program+Terms+of+Reference>.

Lots of things can be said but at this stage I think, while the enthusiasm is
here and given the relaxed period for a month or so, going ahead translating
the main website, albeit still pretty draft, would be valuable. I think we
should then look at finding a balance between conformance to the main website
and local flavour. Of course there will be additional content and that's very
valuable; even some with IP restrictions (educational materials or artefacts
belonging to national programmes or projects or commercial entities). I
strongly think there won't be a one size fits all solution and we'll have to
improvise ;) The ultimate measure of success is the value it will bring to
local communities and openEHR at large.

Even if you're living in an English speaking country I encourage you to start
looking at getting organised locally. We can't expect everything from the
source but must create capacity and resources in our own communities. Happy new
year to all and watch this space J

Cheers,

-koray