Business Readiness Rating™ - Home

 Could HIS be included here as well?

 NandA

Thomas Beale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:    Tim.Churches wrote:
 > Will Ross wrote:
 > > Fred,
 > >
 > > I oppose the creation of a separate open source certification
 > > process.   I think it compromises the opportunity for open source
 > > solutions to displace commercial solutions, and it distracts open
 > > source projects from leveraging the collaborative process to create
 > > seriously superior solutions.
 >
 > This is a US matter, but as I set out, my position would be to argue for
 > a reduced-cost certification process of any software which makes all the
 > necessary documentation, source code, unit tests, functional test
 > scripts etc needed to satisfy the certification criteria publicly
 > available for scrutiny by anyone.
 >
 > But the actual criteria to be met should be the same.
 I agree that this should be the basis. Certification should be a case of
 paying someone to do the same thing you have already done, just without
 you being there. It should be a $2k or less operation.

 - thomas beale

                                                    Software distribution
                                Salon software
     Medical software
          Software association                                       Software
jewelry                                       Software deployment

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yahoo! Groups Links