On Sun, 27 Sep 2026 05:49:30 GMT, Ziad El Midaoui <[email protected]> 
wrote:

>> Improve the usability of several manual tests :
>> 
>> - `ButtonMnemonicPositionTest`, `WindowResizableTest` and `EmojiTest` : Skip 
>> unsupported platforms
>> - `DndTest` : Clarify expected result and added reset button
>> - `CapsLockTest` : Replace terminal prompts with a JavaFX window
>> - `PrintDialogModalityTest` : Increase the initial window height so all 
>> buttons are visible
>> - `PrintOrientTest` : Replace fixed positioning of instructions and button 
>> with padded, aligned `VBox`
>> - `DragDropFromSwingComponentInSwingNodeTest` and 
>> `SimpleSwingNodeBlurryTextTest` : Close stage from Pass/Fail handlers so 
>> Swing cleanup occurs before shutdown and avoid hang after exit 
>> - `JavaSwingNodeCleanupBug` : Position the second stage beside the 
>> instructions window
>> - `StartIconified` : Enlarge the iconified test window for better visibility
>> - `HostServicesShowDocumentTest` , `BigGlyphIDTest` , 
>> `INVISIBLE_GLYPH_IDTest` : use `getResource()` and `getResourceAsStream()` 
>> instead of direct calls
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> Ziad El Midaoui has updated the pull request incrementally with two 
> additional commits since the last revision:
> 
>  - Address review feedback on manual test usability
>  - Add missing pass/fail buttons to 14 tests
>    
>    As part of this, I made the printing and polling threads daemon,
>    so they will exit cleanly

Most of the changes look great. I left a few inline comments. One of them was a 
reply to Andy's comment about printing PASS when pressing the pass button. I 
agree.

Each test should print a clear "TEST PASSED" or "TEST FAILED" message. Many of 
them already do, including the ones you took from my Draft PR. Here is the list 
of the ones I found that don't:


ButtonMnemonicPositionTest
ClipBoardDataTest
DragDropFromSwingComponentInSwingNodeTest
DragDropOntoJavaFXControlInJFXPanelTest
EmojiTest
giftest.GifImageTestApp
HostServicesShowDocumentTest
InputTypeAcceptAttributeTest
JavaSwingNodeCleanupBug [1]
JFXPanelOrientationTest
NotResizableWindowTest
SimpleSwingNodeBlurryTextTest
WebSocketTestApp
WindowResizableTest


[1] optional: if easy, throw AssertionError on fail at the same time

tests/manual/stage/StartIconified.java line 55:

> 53:                 3. Restore the iconified window and verify that it 
> displays normally.
> 54:                 4. Click Pass if the window starts minimized, allowing the
> 55:                 brief flash described above, and restores normally.

Minor wording suggestion:

                4. Click Pass if the window starts minimized (possibly with a
                brief flash as described above) and restores normally.

tests/manual/stage/StartIconified.java line 71:

> 69:         Stage instructionStage = new Stage();
> 70:         instructionStage.setTitle("StartIconified - Instructions");
> 71:         instructionStage.setScene(new Scene(instructionRoot, 600, 160));

With the updated instructions, the buttons are clipped. I recommend a height of 
200.

tests/manual/stage/StartIconified.java line 86:

> 84:         testRoot.setStyle("-fx-background-color: magenta;");
> 85:         Scene scene = new Scene(testRoot);
> 86:         scene.setFill(Color.MAGENTA);

The contrast is not good here. I understand the desire to make it an 
attention-getting color, but not at the expense of making the text hard to 
read. Maybe something like `#FFEFFF` or a similar muted, but distict color?

-------------

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2320#pullrequestreview-5340456917
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2320#discussion_r4124090850
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2320#discussion_r4123613444
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2320#discussion_r4123608166

Reply via email to