On Mon, 28 Sep 2026 14:46:35 GMT, Andy Goryachev <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Ziad El Midaoui has updated the pull request incrementally with two 
>> additional commits since the last revision:
>> 
>>  - Address review feedback on manual test usability
>>  - Add missing pass/fail buttons to 14 tests
>>    
>>    As part of this, I made the printing and polling threads daemon,
>>    so they will exit cleanly
>
> tests/manual/swing/JFXPanelOrientationTest.java line 110:
> 
>> 108:         frame.setContentPane(p);
>> 109:         frame.setSize(400, 200);
>> 110:         
>> frame.setDefaultCloseOperation(WindowConstants.DISPOSE_ON_CLOSE);
> 
> should probably revert this - the test is useless once the operator closes 
> the swing frame.

I'd prefer to keep this change, since without it, the test will exit 
prematurely. When I ran it, I checked that it worked and then closed the second 
stage because I was done with it. I was expecting to be able to then click pass 
/ fail but the application just exited with no output.

> tests/manual/swing/SimpleSwingNodeBlurryTextTest.java line 71:
> 
>> 69:         Button passButton = new Button("Pass");
>> 70:         Button failButton = new Button("Fail");
>> 71:         passButton.setOnAction(e -> stage.close());
> 
> should this print PASS to stdout?

Definitely. I have a list of tests that similarly should do this.

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2320#discussion_r4124175988
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2320#discussion_r4124183193

Reply via email to