In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Thu,
26 Dec 2002 16:17:28 -0800 (PST), Tim Rice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

tim> sco5-gcc   FAILS (removing ${x86_elf_asm} should fix this)
tim>            I don't think anyone tries to put gnu ld on
tim>            SCO OpenServer 5.

Uhmm, we're talking gnu as, not gnu ld.  Does your statement still
stand?

Also, are there other SCO users on this list with different
experiences, or is it the same for everyone?

In any case, as far as I see we have two choices for 0.9.7:

1. insert the proposed perl filter (it works as stated, and I feel
   quite confident with it, since Perl works the same everywhere).
2. write a blurb in PROBLEMS stating that for assembler modules to
   work properly on Intel-based Unixen, it is *required* that GNU as
   be installed.

I can go for either of them.

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Redakteur@Stacken  \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.